Old 04-18-22, 07:38 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
First time riding

It's a very different sensation than on my 2 wheeled bikes. I feel a bit like I am sliding forward and slouching too much. It's very strange to move around on the seat left and right when I go over a bump. I haven't noticed any pain after riding, so that's good. I feel like the horizontal steering bars are a bit too far out but when I moved them in it made it harder to get seated; I may try setting them up as vertical after a few more runs to see which I prefer. I'm just used to horizontal so that's what I ordered, but they said it's simple to go vertical (but not the other way due to cable length issues). I feel bumps in my butt and back more than on my 2 wheeler because I always "posted" up off the saddle when I went over bumps. I don't see that as an option with a recumbent; maybe reducing tire pressure a little bit? i'm sure it will take a while to adjust but I do think I will like it. One nice thing is not having to put a foot down at corners lol. A couple times today I stopped and made myself sit back into the seat more because I felt like I was unintentionally scooting forward; not sure what the solution to that is. On a 2 wheeler I'd adjust the distance to the bars and the seat setback but on the recumbent my x seam seems to be absolutely critical and i can't think what else to adjust. The seat shouldn't go back/forward or that will mess with the distance to the cranks. I can adjust the recline degree but not sure what that will change or how much. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.