View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 05:00 AM
Welshboy
PBP Ancien (2007)

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX (for commuting), Cannondale CAAD12, Cannondale CAAD12 Team CNCPT, Giant Contend 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 106 Posts
It's very hot in the UK at the moment and all four nations of the UK recorded their highest ever temperatures with the first ever 40°C temperature officially being recorded In England. Thankfully, South Wales was cooler than that and my commute is very short but I was still dripping wet getting home as I do give it some gas riding home. My ride into work should be much nicer for the next six weeks as "School's out for summer, School's out forever" and the traffic will be so much lighter and calmer.

I'm not seeing much on my commute but whilst at work (I work outside) we are seeing Red Kites, Buzzards and the occasional Kestrel. The Buzzards mystify me as they allow themselves to be mobbed by Jackdaws and Seagulls and never fight back. There's every chance that my contract will be further extended to the end of March 2023 and I'll probably retire after that but there's a lot of thinking to be done as my wife is also keen on early retirement and the cost of living crisis is becoming a real issue.