Old 11-03-21, 08:31 AM
JVME

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bwilli88
65 and this is my answer.

I took a compact frame hybrid and built some 29r wheels with a Shimano CB-e100 single speed coaster brake hub. does what I need.
Nice ride.

I'm coming from a fixed gear with 700s. It was a Crew District complete. Had to sell it when I moved. It was a cool bike and I'd be okay with it, but (1) they don't sell completes anymore and I'd have to build one up again (2) riding it was okay. I definitely loved the single-speed/fixie bike. But it's still not quite what I'm looking for.

Before we moved my daily rides were anywhere from 8-20 miles. We were way outside our previous city center so I had to ride further for anything. That bike made more sense in my old environment because there was just no way I'd have any time or energy for any of the "street" riding tricks on a ride, so having a bike that could do them wasn't important. Now my rides are a lot shorter.

Anyway, I ended up getting a 20" BMX (Cult Devotion) and so far it's outstanding fun. Rides of 1-3 miles are a breeze. It's the ideal bike for what I want to do here.