View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 10:41 AM
ACyclingRooster

Bikes: a Fully restored 52cm Italian build Benotto Modelo 850.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
Thanks for the response. I won't get into all the gritty history but it appears that it's not scar tissue. I'm 15 months post surgery and an MUA is not advisable. It's been suggested that the type of artificial knee selected for me was a poor one at best. There is ongoing investigation into this.

I have a 28" inseam with rather large musculature. I preferred 165's when I was healthy and able to rotate to 125 degrees. Straightening is still decent at 0 degrees, warmed up I can get -5.

Your numbers seem to be reversed to me. In our system, 120 is desireable, 90 is barely adequate. Yes?
Hi again clubman. My angle of bend at the knee is 2* short of a right-angle and I have absolutely no difficulty with achieving a straight leg when fully extended.
Here in the UK the angle of bend is measured between the thigh-bone and the tibia and seemingly 90* to 92* is perfectly OK and especially at my age.
Until I moved some 5 years ago from a very very bumpy part of West Lancashire,England I could still manage steeper than 1in5 (20%) gradients and on occasions could happily tackle steeper and shorter ones at 11in4 (25%) 1in8 (12.5%) was regularly climbed to even leave my local area.