Old 10-28-16, 04:07 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Another interesting Raleigh:

Raleigh Lenton Vintage Grand Prix

Raleigh Lenton Vintage Grand Prix - $375 (Chevy Chase)

condition: good
make / manufacturer: Raleigh
model name / number: Lenton

Probably 1960 vintage Raleigh Lenten Grand Prix. Frame size is 21 inches. Mainframe tubes are Reynolds 531. Based on my research I believe the bike was repainted. I purchased it from the original owner who is almost 80 years old. That owner advised it was purchased when she was 14. I believe that she is off by 10 years. Regardless, it is in very nice shape. I pulled off the rack And the puffy seat and the bike looks much better. For the asking price I will include a decent leather saddle. There are some very expensive features and you can look them up on eBay or other sources:

Cyclo Benelux front derailleur-if you look at the picture you will see that it is rod actuated. They are rare and usually sell for over $100 on eBay. Campagnolo grand sport rear derailleur-again a classic item in very good shape you don't see them but I have them and that would be a Raleigh Heron crested double chain wheel-I think it might be 46 teeth/49 teeth, I did not count but it is a very small differencehubs do not match but my research indicates they are both from England and both from the 1950s

This is a bicycle for a collector. It is ready to go. I would recommend taking the bearings apart once you are past the honeymoon to make certain that the grease is in decent condition. This is for somebody who loves bicycles and realizes that it is rare and becoming more rare. It is too small for me otherwise I would keep it.