View Single Post
Old 10-13-17, 07:28 PM
AbiliTTV

Bikes: Schwinn Voyageur 1988, I had many Schwinn bikes all ten speeds, road bikes, and some Raleigh bikes as well. One GT, some huffy models MTB's mainly.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jon Chronic level 9 to level 10 pain left SI JOINT

Hi my name is Jon
The title should say level 8 to 10. Not 9.
My left SI Joint was injured in a work accident in 1995 age 25.

Long story short - After seeing countless medical professionals and more and more than a decade later I finally get a proper diagnoses.

From that time on I tried everything to resolve this. With the last thing being a radio frequency ablation... It failed also to work... It was the last thing I could do before trying a very risky much to risky for me to undertake.

What I was left with was level 8 to level 10 pain full time from 2007 to well right now. I have gotten better at coping with the pain overall, and pass out much less often all these years later having lived this way. Since I can end up passed out, or in the fetal or a flat on my back spasm at times I no longer can drive safely. That was the hardest to adjust to.

I use a wheelchair to safely get around and be as independent as I can.

Before anyone asks have I tried (Enter option here) that would be a YES, then once we learned a will not try again.

Anti Psychotic medicine was used for the side effect of pain relief. That failed and caused a bipolar break.

What about opiates? Well the one tried nearly killed me.

Steroids: Not the sports ones... Yes. Did not touch the pain.

Also tried any Eastern medical treatments. While they are very good, non worked.

PT - I tell them what to expect when my pain fluctuates, they say they understand... I have a back spasm, they freak and ask me not to come back anymore. Not once, not twice but dozens of times....

I also have seen many more than I count Doctors that deal with your head in case I was in need of more help upstairs... Nothing found to worry about.

My thought is the nerves damaged from the accident some may have grown back taking new pathways that now go through the area that moves... So imagine a handshake that hurts like hell... But, doesn't break bones. It hurts like crazy because of the squeezing.

The nerves that managed to grow back went through the SI JOINT and when it moves, I feel everything it does. Oh, I can tell you what these joints are here for at this time.

So, over the years I have had to work like hell on my attitude, and how I react to things. One of my fave is when I make spelling mistakes and people get all over me for that... Sorry, the brain is shorting out at times and is not here now.... So if that happens hopefully you might realize why...