View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 10:06 AM
Mr_Pacman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, my 2017 Renegade Exile is still going strong 8,500 km's of riding. When I purchased this bike, I made the commitment to ride it to work as often as I could, along with with riding it on the weekends with the family during the summer. I was in my early 40's when I purchased it and wasn't sure if it was the right style bike for me, but I'm glad I went with it. It's comfortable, durable and very versatile. Most of my riding is on the pavement with a few stretches of tightly packed gravel but it's done well.

My only regret is putting on a set of 700x38C Schwalbe G-One Speed TL Easy Evolution tires. The original Clement tires were very easy for me to take off and put back on to repair a flat.

These Schwalbe tires were so hard to get on, my wife and I had to do it together. I wasn't sure what I would do if I got a flat while riding and that ended up happening. I couldn't get the tire back on and had to walk the 7km home. The fellow at the store even commented that they were difficult to get back on.

So, my question to the group here is, what tire are you using that is easy to get on and off the rim without needing two people to do it? Do the Panaracer gravel kings go on easily? I suspect it has to do with the bead in the tire? I run tubes and have no desire to go tubless if that makes a difference.

thanks
james