View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 02:23 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x11,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by kwantani
Thx for the your feedback.
Could you please share about your tubeless setup? what folding bike are you having the tubeless wheels on? thx.
I run Tubolito on my gravel bike and have moved that to tubeless. For 20", I do not have the adequate rim. My rims are all kinetix comp (or equivalent Rolf) or kinetix comp pro which do not have the inner rib which keeps the tyre in position against the clincher rim wall so I have not moved that to tubeless yet.

That said, I have a set of spare valves (Muc off sales, 70%off), gorilla duct tape, sealant and booster, I might try to do a "ghetto" set up. basically, set no tubeless rim and folding tyres (does not work with rigid bead tyre) tubeless.
As a precaution, I will use a thick sealant, muc off rather than Stan Race which I use on the gravel bikes wheelsets.
Likes For Fentuz: