Old 03-01-21, 02:56 PM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 129 Posts
What timing!

Just picked up...

And the OP's title is perfect, as I'm a huge sucker for fade paint jobs! (Long live the 80's!) And I simply LOVE this color scheme.

This is the Speedster I picked up in January. Unfortunately this is the "before" picture and isn't very complimentary. Simply one pic of many to document its condition prior to a full tear-down, overhaul, tube reconditioning & protection & rebuild.
Currently it's mid-rebuild and looking amazing. The third coat of wax was the charm! Have tons of pics of the process, but nothing right now that showcases the paint. Amazing condition, given the bike's now fourteen years old. Ironically, I think I've put more scratches on it than it had when I obtained it! (Arrrrgh!) I'm a LITTLE disappointed in the paint's durability. Seems really fragile. In hindsight, it would have been good to clear coat it prior to rebuilding. Oh well. If I did that, the project would NEVER get done!

PS Any Co-Motion owners out there who know if Co-Motion puts foam plugs in every S&S end? I was surprised to discover them in mine. Further surprised and disappointed to see a few of them saturated with rust. Seems like putting water-retaining sponges inside a steel tubeset isn't the best of ideas! So I'm wondering if this is a Co-Motion thing or the previous owner did it. I've reached out to Co-Mo, but haven't heard back yet.