Old 03-28-23, 12:40 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Since I began driving over 40 years ago I have noticed that it is normal for automobile drivers to be impatient and stupid. In fact it has nothing to do with them driving at all, in general humans are impatient and stupid no matter what they are doing. Stupid is a relative word, the IQ of most of the population is average, that is the definition of average, what the most common state or number for a phenomenon is assigned to it. For humans average is not cutting it as the planet's ecosystem is devastated, multiple wars have raged since 1945 continuously, and tens of thousands dying in automobile accidents each year in just the USA alone, let alone the rest of the planet. So dying in automobile accidents is actually normal and accepted, an acceptable loss for the convenience of the transportation it provides. Also statistically an average number of bicyclists die each year either by being run down by larger vehicles, or finding ways to accomplish the feat entirely on their own, and that is also accepted as neither driving automobiles or riding bicycles on public roads has stopped.

I know the risks involved driving an automobile, a motorcycle or bicycle on public roadways, I know it may kill me someday, and so may cancer, heart-disease, a gunshot etc. I am okay with all of that. I plan on continuing to drive, motorcycle, bicycle, grill a few cheesburgers each year and keep my father's old Winchester Model 94 handy, because the enjoyment I get out of them offsets the risk I perceive in them. And because it appears most are also keeping the same items and activities in their repertoire, it looks like most think the same way.
Likes For beng1: