View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 04:34 PM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by samkl
Nothing to add... just would love to hear people's thoughts on this. We're looking at getting an e-cargo or regular cargo bike for potentially carrying a kid, and it'd be interesting to see what people's experiences are.
I’m now a granddad but when my girls were little the bikes with dedicated child seats were Schwinn Varsity converted to upright bars and I stayed off the roads. Awful handling all around. Fast forward twenty years I had a Kona Ute long tail and I did not like how it handled. Don’t know if it is typical of long tails or unique but I’d rather ride a touring bike with trailer than it. Then I test road a front loader Larry vs Harry Bullitt and was blown away by it’s stability. It takes some getting used to and the 20” front wheel isn’t something I’d want for rough dirt roads but for a heavy load carrying e cargo bike on paved roads I’d go that. Pricey as hell esp with mid drive motor so review what 80% of your use is and go for that. Lots of general use bikes with long chainstays can satisfy utility bike needs.
Likes For LeeG: