Old 10-14-21, 06:40 AM
pashlit

Bikes: Caad 8, CX6, Argon 18 Pro, Scalpel Lefty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I'll be the devil's advocate for a bit...

I don't know how well it would work out to try to sue the guy. I'm also not sure that this is a big enough case to get the attention that will ruin the guy's career. I'm by no means a lawyer and while he probably isn't either, as a real estate agent he is probably more familiar with caveat emptor laws if any in your state. It is a pretty obvious bulge and I would think it would have been visible in photographs the seller would have used in his facebook ad. If you test rode the bike, you had to see it then. You didn't seem research this bulge or the bike until after the sale. For the money involved, I would have researched not only values for this particular bike but reviews as well. That alone would have most likely shown that the bulge isn't present in other bikes of the same model.

I do feel for you too though as I know this is going to eat at you now every time you get on the bike and have to look at it. Perhaps this is why it is reported to have such low miles on it, it ate at the guy you bought it from too.
Well, its too late to say "I would've researched... I would've done that and that.." We all think we are the smartest ones until we face smth like that. He lives like 5 miles from me. I just trusted him. I couldn't imagine one can hide such details. Especially fellow cyclist. Well, I should trust people less. I have never had any carbon bikes before so, it was impossible for me to really start picking on that bulge. Having a negative review on public websites can be very damaging. You don't even need to go to court for that. Having a court case on his profile can be even worse. One thing is a $2k bike. $500k house is another story.