Old 02-24-23, 08:13 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
I did design a couple of 200K for me and had considered learning how to apply for approval but never did. I've ridded some Perm routes w/o getting credit for them. The longest official Perm I did was 300K, the NJ Ham and Eggs. Not sure if it survived.

WRT K-Hound, there was one year that it dawned on me that if I wanted to and would just put some emphasis on RUSA rides in the Fall, it would be very achievable since the miles would be ridden anyway. In the end, it just had no allure for me although not sure why not.

I have snuck some looks to the riding pattern of some K-Hounders and it seems there are two variants. Retired riders tend to do a lot of 100km Perms in addition to several SR series. Working stiffs will always get the R12, SR, and maybe a few 1200k grand randonnees with Perms more often in the 150-200k range.

Myself, I am more interested in my health and fitness and quite frankly, I sometimes find my fitness declining when doing the typical SR scaleup. It could be age but what happens as can be seen below, the brevets create a lot of fatigue. After a big ride, I have to take it easy to recover but then fitness drops. When I was younger and had CTL much higher, the effect was not as pronounced. I wonder if K Hounders are not chronically fatigued or just super fit.

Last edited by GhostRider62; 02-24-23 at 08:20 AM.