View Single Post
Old 01-14-21, 12:19 AM
Freem@n

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good points! I was looking at across the various options (thats how I ended at your page) without the common hinge fold IVE, Birdy, Reach, Brompton were the main ones I was looking. Only reason why i was leaning towards Birdy over IVE was the monocque frame and that it could go up to 406 wheels, while I like IVE had traditional triangle frame but only up to 18".

I want to go off road into trails hence my weird search for folding + gravel/touring bike (*** stand-in road bike).

Thanks for confirming the weight which is the last concern - it was the only reason why I didn't get a Montague Crosstown in the first place as i think the Changebike appears lighter, easier to fold and has more options for gear placements as its a traditional triangle and inconspicuous where if most people wouldn't even know its a foldie, which is better when traveling in my book.

Btw for SRAM how can you tell its a genuine parts? A few of the online sellers on ebay said they will scrape off the serial number. And for the RD should it be long or shortcage?

Last edited by Freem@n; 01-14-21 at 04:51 AM.