View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 01:09 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked 8,925 Times in 4,158 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
My comment is that they really don't want us EACH to take an individual turn at 4-ways. They might think they do, till the time comes they're behind the group ride and they'd have to wait for EVERYONE to stop, wait for their turn, and then go.

EDIT: I reread your post, because somehow I missed that it was a cop. I think I would have nicely asked him if he REALLY wanted each rider to stop and wait their turn, while any drivers behind them had to wait for everyone to do that?
Yeah sorry I did not explicitly say, he was a cop. I do not know if he was angry because lead riders did not fully stop (they slowed and clearly had right of way), or that we acted as one “unit” so technically we all rolled through even after he was at intersection and technically it was his turn. In any case, none of us stopped so legally we did violate the law. I get that, but NFW we are going to get every cyclist to full stop at every 4-way stop sign any more than we are going to get highway drivers to obey the posted speed limit.