View Single Post
Old 03-26-21, 07:14 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
I can’t help but to notice that in our society we are indoctrinated from a young age to equate car ownership as a measure of self worth, social identity and status. It is not unique among those who can (or really can’t but are beholden to high interest big loans) afford it either. All the big bike manufacturers seem to or have reasonably priced city, college campus, urban utility hybrids in their line up. No matter how much they try to promote the idea of riding a bike as a fun, physically healthy, economically healthy means of short distance transportation it will never catch on. At best it has become the dominion of the freaks who hate cars, entitled snobs or the poor who are clogging the road where they don’t belong.

Thee idea of a reasonably priced well built reliable bike for local transportation is in fact smart for individual people and society. I’m sure it could be done in a manner that makes business sense too. However as I alluded to it will always be overshadowed by Subaru summer, Toyota-thon, and Lexus December to remember.
Nothing wrong with having a car.

https://medium.com/@eklochikhin/a-ca...p-b7d1bac751ae