Old 01-03-23, 06:48 PM
Claude.fr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
120 bpm

Originally Posted by stardognine
I'm not sure what made me think of this, especially on Christmas, lol, but what's your favorite song, for touring? 🤔

For me, it's "Desperado" by The Eagles. You can improvise the lyrics just a bit, in your head, for a perfect fit. 😉

And just like that Seinfeld episode, it puts you in a certain "zone", that noone better mess with. 😎😁😉

So, what's your touring song?

“It’s 1910 and the eccentric researcher Leonard P. Ayres is watching the New York six-day bike race at Madison Square Garden. He’s got his stopwatch out, timing the riders as they whir around the velodrome. A brass band plays intermittently on the sidelines, generally for a few minutes at a time before stopping for a brief interval. As Ayres writes down lap times, he notices something quite fascinating.

When the band is playing, the riders take an average of 3:04 to ride a mile. When the band is silent, the average time increases to 3:21. The background music seems to be inspiring the riders to push harder as they fly around the track.”

From an article published in CyclingTips.

Not a spinner, I use music asynchronously, therefore 125-130 bpm does it for me.
AFAIK, only electronic music composers come up with tracks in the 10 minutes range, 15 extended remix aren’t rare.
When fighting a relentless headwind on flat cycle lane for miles, this music @125bpm, really helps.