View Single Post
Old 09-17-22, 10:20 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 3,913 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryFrankie
If you really want it sold, I'd hang onto the eBay sale wrk101 showed you, and maybe ask around 900 for purposes of being able to negotiate. That frame and other Ibis' are I think what they'd call the Castellano designs. The Ripley, Bow-ti, Szazbo....exotic designs that employed some king of suspension (which was not really super common in the late 90's.) The designer was (John?) Castellano. The 8 speed XT stuff sells very well and that stuff looks like it's in good shape. The frame would probably sell for almost as much as the bike, so....you might consider breaking it up.I'd leave the fork with it. That would encourage a buyer, to not have to worry about finding a fork. Is that a 1"er? Kind of looks like it. Anyway, good luck with it. It's a fun bike.
It was having just read about early Ibis and Castellano that got me into buying this bike (the stories of the early years on there website are a great read).
I think this is all solid advice, thanks