View Single Post
Old 09-06-21, 08:14 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 1,017 Posts
I had a brand new car, Honda CRV, less than 1 month old. I had 3 flats in 3 days, 2 of them died from side wall cuts. Had Conti tires on it, the worse one was on the interstate, on a holiday Friday night, on a section that was being worked on, and there was no place to pull over, as they had concrete barriers for 3 miles. I did not want to ruin the rim driving 3 miles to the next exit, so I came to a safe stop right there on the interstate. My wife called 911, the cops were there pretty quick, they blocked traffic to make sure I could put the spare on, they even let me use their floor jack and I went on my way. Saturday morning, I had 4 brand new Michelin tires and did not have another flat for 4 years. My wife told me I needed to take the car back, and I said, it was an issue with the tires, not the car, but it still sucked having to dish out 700 for new tires on a 1 month old car. In reality, I replaced 5 tires over those 4 days.