Old 09-19-21, 09:40 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Pulse_
What would you think about a Specialized Pathfinder Pro or a Gravelking SS with a slick center line? Would these lack grip too much in slippery (hard surfaces) conditions?

There will be compromises to be made for sure, but all in all the most important is a confidence inspiring and versatile tire.
I run the Pathfinder Pro (38mm) on my "modern" Diverge ('21 frame). But it's too big for my "all road" OG Diverge ('16 frame). I don't believe they are available in size smaller than 38, so they'd probably not work for you. Lots of folks like the Gravelkings here, I have no actual experience with them. From what I have recall in reviews I've read, testers love how they roll and feel. The challenge is that the tires offer minimal puncture protection and if you are going tubeless there are more than a few reports of challenges getting the tires to seal up without some advanced skills. Again, I have no actual experience with these tires, simply echoing what I've read in a few places.