View Single Post
Old 05-27-23, 04:32 AM
alexk_il

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbobcat
You're welcome. While I came up with this theory decades ago from observation of successful riders, ski racers, surfers, tennis players, volleyball players, and baseball players, and personal experimentation, here's Ozzy bike fitter Steve Hogg's take on it. https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com...or-road-bikes/
Originally Posted by Iride01
Take note that Hogg's isn't saying you shouldn't ever have any weight on your hands. He just saying that when pedaling at a very high power output that you should be able to briefly take your hands off the hoods or bars and put them behind you.

For lower power applications your arms and hands will be supporting some of your body weight.

I have always liked reading Steve Hogg's approach to fitting a person to a bike.
Actually I had a quick chat about that approach with my bike fitter when he was doing all the measurements. He said he was striving to a hybrid approach that optimizes both the pedalling technique and the weight distribution.

I guess my take away is that I have to find a sweet spot between comfort and performance, can't have both.

Thanks.