View Single Post
Old 01-21-21, 09:47 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6147 Post(s)
Liked 4,092 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
No. The BA is semi. Again ladt September I set the body up in an Adirondack shelter on the GAP to keep bugs at bay. Didn’t have as much room as normal but also didn’t need it since I didn’t have to bring much inside. And obviously didn’t need the fly. Did the same at 2 state parks in VT in 2018.
Gonna have to disagree on the “semi-freestanding” thing. That implies that the tent has to have something other than the frame to keep it up. “Semi-freestanding” implies that the tent needs stakes and/or guy wires to hold it up. I stake my tent when I set it up but I stake every tent I’ve ever owned...even old Eureka Timberlines...because I’d rather not chase a tent during a wind.

That said, I can and have picked up the tent and moved it around after it is set up. Every morning, I pick up the tent by the frame and shake out any dirt and debris before I pack it. The tent needs nothing else to keep it erect.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!