Old 03-20-21, 06:43 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
I've ridden my Chinese Cargo ebike for about 32 miles in Brooklyn this week.

In temperature in the 40 degree F, battery got down to about 70% from 100%.

The 20" fat, treaded tires are really noisy on pavement, likely not the most efficient; they also make handling of the bike rather sluggish, not very precise reaction with steering input.

PAS is very powerful, even at level 2 out of 5, not many significant hills in my area, riding on flat terrain on pavement with PAS 2 I can easily sustain 15-17 mph cruising speed and accelerate to 20+mph quickly.
It would have been more enjoyable if weather was warmer, but with wind chill the temperature felt like it was below freezing.
Since I was still getting used to how this bike handles, I didn't want to push the pace too much.

Handlebar of this bike is really wide, like trail MTB wide, not ideal for inner city commute between car mirrors, I think I will change that out soon.
I'm also thinking about changing the tires to street oriented tread, maybe that will provide quieter ride, better handling & less rolling resistance; curious how much suspension performance I would lose.
Or maybe even convert the front end to 26" wheel/fork to make the front end have more solid feel without the fat tire. Fat front tire just seems to make steering sluggish & vague.