Old 12-04-22, 02:54 PM
pccp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
You might run into another problem: a Simplex RD hanger that's integral to the frame. The Simplex Mounts section of this article (I believe it's by regular BF commenter @jonwvara ) explains the potential issues.

Most modern RDs expect to find a Campagnolo-style dropout (or the newer "direct attach" type). If you have a Simplex-only hanger, that will be an issue.

I also have read somewhere that at some point Simplex started making rear dropouts with integral hangers that included the Campagnolo-style "tang". If that is correct and your frame has one of those (or has a Campagnolo-style dropout), then the hanger issue shouldn't crop up.
Well that really chaps my hide. I was wondering about that... If it's not compatible they do say I can chop it down and put a campagnolo mounting claw (not sure if thats even the right one though for a modern rd) on it. I'm not entirely opposed to it. A little worried I'll mess it up. Maybe I'll buy the rd and just check it before anything else. I can always sell it.
Just to check again since no one replied to that part of my earlier message.. I can use an 8 speed rd on my current 6 speed right?

Last edited by pccp; 12-04-22 at 03:04 PM.