scottfsmith
I like bike

Bikes: Roubaix Comp 2020

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
I have to ask, did the Fitter explain why he set you up with so a dramatic down saddle tilt ?
Good question! I went back and re-read the report I got and it looks like I mis-read it, argh!!! It had data for field "Saddle (Fore-Aft/Angle)" and just had "-8.4", but in reading the report it should have been "-8.4/0".. he set the saddle flat but didn't put a /0 and then I mis-read it. Later on in the written part of the report it states, "Saddle tilt mildly nose up causing excessive pressure on soft tissue .. saddle leveled and lowered".

OK, I think I see why the saddle was not working so well with that downward tilt. With the -2 it actually looks completely level in the middle of the saddle due to the curve up in the very back of the saddle.

Anyway I now know what the root of my problem was. Thanks for bringing that up Yuri. Now that I came up with more or less what my fitter had I will tweak it.

BTW on a mostly unrelated topic, in reading up on saddle tilt measurements I am surprised how putting a big flat thing on top is the standard. Some saddles have a big rise in the very back, some don't, and that totally throws off the measurement. I think you want to get a piece of flat stuff about 4" wide and just put that on the middle part of the saddle so you are not including the front or rear.
Likes For scottfsmith: