Old 03-25-23, 11:51 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked 1,071 Times in 793 Posts
sure is^ thanks for the pic-assist, JohnDThompson but these are pretty low-res so hard to make out any brand details, IF there are any.

In my experience these HS with *sealed cartridge bearings* are frequently un-branded and made in China, the quality can be okay but sometimes you get what you paid for (meaning sub-par quality); often they have a split (alloy) bottom fork crown race that allows them to fit both 26.4 and 27.0 crown race seats, but the OP's might be solid (might be best to leave it as installed since there isn't a "wear-surface" involved with this part, does not actually contact the balls sealed between races in the bearing.

Other thing I have noted is this style HS usually has a LOWER stack height than conventional 1" threaded HS we in the C&V demo find, so question is if the fork steerer has been cut to fit you might have to stick with this HS or another with as low a stack height (we need more details).

You can often find JUST the sealed bearings sold online, I have bought them for a number of HS and if you're lucky the old ones with have numbers engraved on the steel, occasionally molded into the seals but not much space for that with these really narrow seals.

OR with a digital caliper you could take your own measurements and start online shopping, be sure to note what surfaces are beveled (chamfered) and with what angle, usually you need a 45 degree on inner surface(s). I have found high grade cartridge HS bearings for as much as $35 but also Chinese bearings for as low as $5 ea. Shop with care.