Old 08-15-22, 08:29 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10238 Post(s)
Liked 5,188 Times in 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Major drama in my bike club. I am almost glad I am doing mostly "private" rides.

Apparently there was a bad accident involving a couple of cars on the Wednesday night ride. One rider was hit and/or ran into a car that passed the group and slowed down suddenly. The ride leader for this ride was very upset about this and overall safety concerns....which is a precursor to Saturday's event....apparently a ride on Saturday had a rider with a mechanical so a group of 3 riders were on the side of the road working on this, and another ride led by the leader from Wednesday night incident came by, and he vociferously either yelled angrily at them/harassed them, and even turned around a little later and physically assaulted one of them and cursed them out (story "A") or was passionately warning them to find a safer location, lest the events of Wednesday night be repeated (story "B"). It does not help that this back-forth drama was played out on the club's ride leader website. It got quite nasty until the club president took all the postings down. I suspect it's still seething.

Cycling is a way of LIFE brah. Either dig it or quit it.
(Sarcasm)

I have been blessed so far that I have not witness this anywhere.

My coach yells at me to close a gap that I don’t see, but that’s about it.