MykGrant

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Pro, Trek Fuel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Newbie here, sorry

Hi, I'm Mike.

I've had a dirt bike in my garage since the age of 9. Grew up in the San Diego area and did a lot of riding in the east county, deserts and baja growing up. Moved to Norcal in my 20's and hit a lot of the trails up here. Started noticing a couple of years ago that I was the oldest in the group, but could still hang with the kids (and sometimes show them a thing or two).

Still being of right mind I decided to sell my remaining KTM and upgrade my mountain bike. I purchased a Trek Fuel FS MTB and really enjoyed it. especially on the single tracks...until I got hooked.

I took it one day to the bay area for a weekend ride and got stopped at a train crossing. I sat there for about 15 minutes, looked back and there had to be 20 roadies behind me. When the guard rail went up I got smoked. I was working hard on my MTB but no dice. So.....I had to get me a road bike. Now riding a 2013 Specialized Ruby Pro, Dura Ace with Di2, carbon wheels and love it.

I now ride the road bike in the bay area and the MTB in the Sierra Nevadas. Best of both worlds and am loving it.

2022 I set a goal for 1,000 miles and ended up at just under 1,200. 2023 uping my game to 1,500. Longest ride to date was 51 miles. Not bad for a 64 YO guy but still working on improving my speed and distance.
Likes For MykGrant: