Old 05-13-15, 09:30 AM
snow_echo_NY

Bikes: Scott Genius, Surly Crosscheck, Yuba Mundo cargo, Specialized Dolce Triple (stolen 5/8/15)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greg3rd48
I bring my bike inside with me at work and I either bring the bike inside the store with me or use a NYC Kryptonite lock at all times when I am just doing errands and such. There are so many creatures out there just lurking and waiting for the next opportunity to steal something, anything at all. Luckily the only bikes I had stolen were a couple of Huffy's during the '90s. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Be vigilant the summer is coming and crime will only go up. As for the police doing something take it upon yourself to pick up the video footage and deliver it to the officers who wrote the report. In all honestly this is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things for the PD in this city and they just are overwhelmed by the volume of calls and incidents. By you doing that legwork you might actually give them something that they can work with. Good luck and enjoy the new bike!
i would but the building manager will only release the video footage to the police (i guess that's their policy?) in any case. i will follow up.