cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,390 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
From this thread and a couple other recent threads here and elsewhere it appears that some feel it is time to knock Confente down a notch from his celebrated status.
As the easiest target for this comment, let me clarify that I am not knocking Mario himself. I'm knocking the followers who lap up the saga behind Mario's work and short life on this world and try to build an undeserved mythology around it.

Questions like "how does a Confente ride" don't exist unless such a phenomenon is happening. Someone has to speak up and bring this kind of dreaming down to earth.

Some of us appreciate the lug shorelines, the design details, and finish work on a Confente.
As do I. I think his work is gorgeous. Nothing wrong with it and it deserves appreciation. It just doesn't deserve a cult.

At least one member here professes to see no difference between a Confente and a Raleigh of the same period.
Funny, I was about to say that one of the best experiences I've ever had on a road bike was when I tried out my ho-hum Raleigh Pro Mk.V on tubulars.

In fact, let me make that a suggestion to anyone who wants to "ride a Confente:" Go and put old tubulars on whatever 531 or Columbus you own, right now. You will discover the peak of how "magical" a ride can get.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 09-24-22 at 08:22 PM.
Likes For cudak888: