View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 05:35 PM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
IIRC GCN did a video a few years ago about a line of spray paint specifically for repainting bicycles.
^THIS^ Until recently, "rattle can" jobs were so lame I never felt it's worth it. But today's "two-part" paints are much much better - from what I understand. "Old Shovel" on YouTube has done a lot of good home paint jobs. He may use what you're referring to.

And to the OP:

YES! I've had five bikes painted over the years, and another came in custom team colors. So that's six bikes I've had unique paint jobs on. I realize I should have been a high-end painter. I just LOVE the creativity and what can be done. Especially when you can match the fork, stem & frame. It looks so good. Nothing like a personal paint job to match your taste.

Oh and I happened to pick up a 3-color fade Co-Motion tandem that's also gorgeous. Not custom, but an upcharge from Co-Motion. Makes me happy

Oh and I must say I really, really dislike the whole flat black and "murdered out" look on bikes (and cars). Man, you get the FINEST carbon bike you can and you cover it in primer??? (That's what most black looks like to me. Even gloss looks like crap IMHO.)

That said, many bike companies have really branched out with nice colors. Love natural/desert/aggro looking paint jobs.

My wife's commuter bike is BEYOND ugly. A late-80s monstrosity that annoys me it's so ugly. But it's utilitarian and has served her well. But man I've been tempted to pull it apart and put a NICE paint scheme on it for SO long!
Likes For LV2TNDM: