Old 11-26-22, 02:16 AM
Lotus907efi

Bikes: 2012 Litespeed C1R w/ 10spd DI2, 2005 Cannondale Six13, 1998 GT Forte titanium, 1989 Cannondale SR600 w/Shimano 105 group, Nishiki Pinnacle MTB, Vitus 979 w/Campag Veloce, Peugeot PSV10

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Anyone interested in Vitus 979 and Carbone frame serial number list?

I have been over the past day or two compiling a list of the serial numbers off of various Vitus 979 and Carbone frames I have in my direct possession here or ones I have found via ebay.
I thought this might provide some insight into any serial number coding vis-a-vis production dates.
But so far based on the list of 19 serial numbers along with bike or frame pictures I do not see any rhyme or reason to the numbering.
I have discovered that there seems to be a pattern of a leading single letter of either E, F, A, or I followed by 6 numerals. Then on some of the Carbone frames underneath this on a separate line there might be an additional code of "SC"
BTW, these are all stamped into a leading edge of the under side of the bottom bracket lug next to the cable guide.

Is anyone else interested in either adding their serial number to my list or seeing said list?

Last edited by Lotus907efi; 11-26-22 at 03:45 AM. Reason: changed number of serial numbers recorded