Thread: Zwift drops
View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 09:58 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10471 Post(s)
Liked 11,982 Times in 6,134 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
And I'm not going to deny the importance of that to you, but you seem to relish building yourself up and denying others the opportunity to place importance upon their own goals, whether it's PRing a climb up the Alpe or a TT of Tempus Fugit or whatever. Some people, myself included, have absolutely no interest in beating some rando to the line in a Class D Zwift race, but I'm not going to scoff at people who do. It's silly and judgmental to say that, because one's goals don't align with your own, their goals aren't important and that the same activity that's sensible for you is mere puffery on their part.
You don't understand. I'm teaching valuable life lessons.

Randos who always win Cat D Zwift races are denied the character-building experience of seeing an old fat guy pip them at the line because he got the 2021 Canyon Aeroad with the Zipp 808 wheels. They come to expect everything in their lives to be that easy, and then when they first encounter defeat they fold like a cheap suit, cancel their Zwift accounts, and let their bike trainers become a clothes rack, which in the depths of their despondency gets covered with Cheeto-stained sweatpants and t-shirts with stains from Mountain Dew dribbled over their unshaven chins. I'm saving them from that.

Or perhaps triggering that. One or the other.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles