TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
I was working on my cornering on a descent; not so much the easy turns 2 off camber turns on Tuesday I've been going in too slow. I have to hit one at 25 and the other at 30; the one at 30 is the hard one because its way off camber and there is a dirt patch which takes out riders, so my slowness is in my head. I did 5 runs and got faster each time.

On Tuesday, if I stayed with the group that dropped me on the first lap (of which I did most of the pulls) I would have been 3 minutes faster on a 40 minute course.

Honestly, when hit them on a perfect line, I just thought....that's it? You're nervous about that? 1 year of just indoor riding has made me really tentative. I probably shouldn't admit weakness on the internet, that's the biggest no no out there.
After a Zwift winter it takes me a month+ to feel truly comfortable descending. I know what you mean - when you start hitting proper lines again you're like wtf was I riding the brakes for? There are a couple of twisty and narrow descents I go out of my way to hit this time of year just to get back into the groove. They seem pretty dangerous but can be done without touching the brakes if corners are taken properly. Even with that though, I am a very timid descender when racing. It's a big part of why I wind up at the back of the bunch getting repeatedly cock punched out of corners
Likes For TheKillerPenguin: