Old 06-11-19, 06:08 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
@caloso - It's been a couple of years since I've done a "real" test. My coach adjusts my FTP based on how hard I feel my workouts are. I've recently been blowing right through the interval ranges she's assigned me, so she bumped my FTP up 10 watts to 260. I did 3x10' threshold intervals at the new FTP this morning on tired legs and had more left, so I'm probably where I should be. I have no doubt that I could do 20 minutes at 275.

But not tomorrow. I spoke with her this morning and she told me that I have the fitness to muscle through more hard training, but wouldn't benefit from it until my body has time to absorb what I've already done. I had no problem getting through the intervals this morning, but holy moley are my legs ever tired tonight! I definitely need the rest.

This comes at a relatively good time too. My oncologist's secretary called me this morning to remind me of my annual prostate cancer checkup. I need to stay off the bike for three days before my PSA blood draw. I love it when a plan comes together.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: