Old 07-31-22, 08:22 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 1,297 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by unikid
Trek stopped making the T900 several years ago.
Thanks, I believe 2016 was the last year for the T900. I have had numerous opportunities over the past 3 or 4 years to get some killer deals on much more upscale tandems but if they fit me they wouldn't fit my wife or vice versa which was a real bummer. This has the been the first one I've seen that would work for both of us without having the Captain's stem stick a mile out of the head tube. We mostly do Rails To Trails, tow paths, etc; no mountains or loaded touring so this will do everything we need it to and then some. I wasn't even looking for one I was just window shopping out of boredom the other night when it popped up.

Our oldest picked it up for me as I'm currently unable to get in and out of our vehicles very easily. It doesn't look like they hardly ever rode it and it looks a lot cleaner in person than in the pictures. The seller told him the age old sad story....... bought it for his wife and he to ride, they rode it once or twice and then hung it up...... Glad I don't have that problem, when he pulled up in front of the house my wife was out the door checking it out before I even had my shoes on LOL. I'm anxious to get started switching parts over although it's ready to roll as is. I had the following for the Raleigh frameset that will go on the T900. FSA Gossamer tandem triple crankset, Deore XT 9 speed front and rear deraiileurs, Deore XT 3 X 9 trigger shifter/V-brake levers, Deore XT V-brakes and Deore XT 11-34t cassette. I'll move the saddles, grips and rear rack over from the old Northwoods and maybe a few other trinkets. The takeoffs will go on the Raleigh frameset and I'll loan it to friends and family that want to try a tandem.The Northwoods will get turned into yard art or something LOL. The TREK also has accomodations for a rear disc brake which I may mount as a "chicken brake" for the stoker so she can hold the bike when we're stopped in inclines, etc. or a backup if we get into wet conditions.