View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 12:37 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4221 Post(s)
Liked 2,942 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Agreed. For Zwift I guess I lament they don't do a good job on their classifications. So I don't race. It isn't experience/skill/power combo based. I'm basically trying to build my point for Zwift moving to points based racing like USAC has instead of raw w/kg.

I'm kind of over the "it ain't possible, they cheat" mentality and on to "so what, just move to points instead".

Even for group rides that aren't races and choose to not do "everyone together" for listing 3/wkg........you get a bunch of anomalies of folks on the front doing 300w the whole time at 100kg.

I mean, local to me, you'd still be in pretty rare air doing 300w for a full hour. No matter how small/big you are.
This summer, the Zwift Classics League was trying to group people based on 1,5,20 minute power and expected time to finish the course, which was better than nothing. They were talking about adding Zwiftpower points into it, but I don't know if they ever did or not. The nice thing was it did autocategorization, so it plopped you in your category and you didn't get to choose to sandbag. Since they have Zwiftpower points for just about everyone who races, I don't know why they can't give you a provisional ranking based on your power for your first 5 (or whatever number you choose) races and then sort you into categories based on Zwiftpower points after that. I like the provisional ranking based on power so the lowest cat isn't always flooded with new high powered racers working their way through and discouraging the weaker folks into dropping out.
Likes For himespau: