Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 09-02-05, 02:43 AM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by james_swift
So how much of a better ride is my Xootr Swift compared to my Dahon Vitesse D5?
That is why the Swift is so perfect for me:

1.) 72 deg seat tube angle
2.) Adjustable stem height and length
3.) At 22lbs, the Swift is 2.4 lbs lighter than my Dahon.
I'm not sure you're comparing like for like here.. But I still appreciate you thoughts as I'm looking at getting a folder soon. My short list is Dahon Speed Pro or Xootr Swift. I test rode the Speed Pro and it fit me well enough.

The Swift folds-up slightly faster than my Dahon, due mostly to the actual folding action. .... My Swift fits neatly into the same storage area on the train that I used to store my Dahon.
Faster yes, but same size? I can't find the folded dimensions of the Swift on the Xootr website, and their sales support are evading the question.. But it does say it's 13.5 ft3. The Speed pro is 11"*22"*33" which as far as I can tell is 4.5 ft3... The Swift definitely doesn't look as neat. I guess I might be able to live with that, since it is still packable into a suitcase. And for the difference in price I could buy a BikeRev trailer & suitcase!

I'm very pleased with my Swift and highly recommend it to anyone stuck between deciding whether to buy a Bike Friday or Dahon.
High praise indeed!

Another thing that I can't get an answer from Xootr is - does the Swift have braze-ons for fenders? Where I live an everyday bike has to have fenders, and Xootr claim it can be "your only bike". What braze-ons (if any) does you bike have?

cheers, Magnus