Old 12-19-13, 04:45 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandosees
You couldn't have just used the same energy in writing this, to name some great bikes for their time? Oh, you could have, but you chose to be contrary simply because I was specific about my areas of interest.
I never said I didn't want negative advice.
Mechanical or size issues I may run into, etc. That's fine.
I said what I didn't care to hear because it's already been considered.
I wanted to skip the part I've seen on so many threads where they tell a person what would be better for that person. Some people don't care about money and just want to know how to get from a to b.
A helpful person might share what they know and leave it at that.
I joined this forum with trepidation after reading many abusive threads where more experienced members berate people who are new to this. They go on long diatribes about how much they know, yet don't answer simple questions.
I took a shot, anyway.

You shouldn't make assumptions. I have ridden some classic Raleighs and Fujis, as I have a friend who raced competitively, years back and has quite a collection. I didn't name them because I came on here for what I don't know. I wanted a broader view. People who've lived in an era can give info that someone researching may not have access to.
I like the Varsity precisely because it is not ranked up there, yet offered a better ride(to me, subjectively) than all of the new bikes I tested ranging from $800 to $2,000.
Ride. Not speaking of shifting. Speaking of comfort.
Many seasoned cyclists also recommended saddles, but they were horrible. They all advised not to get a brooks saddle, yet I couldn't be happier with the comfort.
Some people know what they like.

Enjoy your "600 + website" not sure what that means(perhaps 600 pages.)
I'm sure it's full of tips, but it should be said that if youre unable to offer advice to someone simply because they know what they don't want, then your advice can't be worth much.

You old goats are entertaining, at least.
Thanks for being predictable.
Canceling membership.
Hey Randy,

Nice try.