Old 05-22-22, 07:49 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 541 Posts
Quite a timely post. I had my first surgery done (left eye) last Tuesday and I go in again in 3 days to have my other eye done.

Originally Posted by DiabloScott
For the last year and a half I've been cussing out my optometrist for giving me a crappy prescription for my right eye. Had another exam yesterday and found out my right eye has cataracts and is uncorrectable with lenses.
Same thing for me but mine had slowly been degrading for the past 5-7 years. I would go back and tell the optometrist "I need to be re-tested, you got it wrong". Although I was told I was developing cataracts I was never pushed towards this option by the optometrists I was seeing. I finally took it to the next, saw an ophthalmologist and was told I was a candidate.

I opted for the most advanced lenses they offered (light adjustable). I told the doctor I would like something that would take my reliance on glasses to a minimum. Once the 2 surgeries are completed and my eyes have healed I go back for 5 more appointments where they zap the lenses with a laser and fine-tune them to offer the best possible overall effect. I have been told that there is a good chance that I will only need glasses for up-close details. These "advanced" lenses were not covered by Medicare and the out-of-pocket cost was considerable. I am hoping, believe and have been assured that this was a very wise choice.

My first eye was done 5 days ago and all I can say is WOW. Although I still need to wait until the 2nd eye is completed and they are dialed in but... if this is any indication of where this is headed I only wish I would have had it done years ago. The best way to describe it is that with my new good lens everything looks as if it is lit by a halogen bulb, my non-corrected eye makes things looks as if it is lit by a low watt incandescent bulb. I've got a preview into the results because for some reason when I use the bottom half of my current pair of bifocal glasses they seem to dial the lenses in perfectly. The acuity is stunning. I cannot wait until both eyes are done and dialed in. There is no looking back or thinking that the money was not well spent. I could not be happier.
Likes For TakingMyTime: