View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 09:34 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Bikes that are unlocked are more likely to get stolen and are super easy targets for theft and it is a terrible idea to leave a bike unlocked. Yes nobody wants to steal drippy's bikes but that isn't a good barometer for anything. Don't get your bike stolen by listening to poor advice. I have heard from plenty of people with different sized bikes including kids bikes and really tall bikes and they have gotten stolen nothing really matters on that front you just need to lock your bike up with a good lock and good locking practices

I might consider looking at the ABUS Bordo locks as they might be easier to mount on the bike (mounting to bottle cage bosses or they will come with nice metal straps you can put anywhere or sometimes hook and loop fasteners) and carry and will also give you an easier lock time at more spots. If you are stuck on a u-lock I would put it on a rear rack or use the Two Fish mount or mount it on your seat tube in a rearward position like we do all the time.