View Single Post
Old 09-30-22, 04:11 PM
garagedog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbobcat
If you were comfortable on the 54 Scott, stick with 54 on the Roubaix. They both run larger than, say, a Trek. And the 56 comes with longer cranks.

Personally, I'd never trade a CR1 for a Roubaix. The CR1 hits the sweet spot for being comfortable, nimble, and stable all at the same time. It's the proverbial "bike that disappears under you."
Well, I picked up a very nice 2020 54cm Roubaix (Ultegra Di2 with Roval 38c rims). It has 32mm Pirelli tires and 172.5 cranks like the 56+. Wow, this thing rides very nice and smooth.
It not quite as light as my CR1 though. The handling is obviously slower. How much of that is contributed to the 32mm tires? I'll probably put on a set of 28 once these wear out.
The di2 shifting is pretty cool. I wish I had a little more "stack". My flexibility isn't what it use to be. I probably should have looked harder at the 56 size. I'll be taking it on a pretty good ride this weekend and will probably find some more advantages and disadvantages.

I probably will not sell my CR1. That bike is sweet but the max tire width is 26. I looked at many road bikes including the Emonda and newer Scotts. No regular road bikes have enough "stack" for me.