View Single Post
Old 10-11-22, 10:59 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10238 Post(s)
Liked 5,185 Times in 2,226 Posts
On todays ride my left pedal start clicking with each stroke. It sounded like a noise maker for a dog. Click Click, Click Click. I stopped and tighten the tension a little bit, it was full loose. That didn’t help. I did notice that my left foot had much more float than my right foot. My right pedal was positioned on full loose. After several miles I ended up tightening the pedal all the way. That made the noise stop, but now un clipping is a PITA. I do like the no float though. Thoughts or suggestions?

Problem number 2: So I my wife re wrapped my bars last week, today was the first real ride on them. Before she wrapped them I re routed the brake cables since you guys were concerned for my vainly ness. I did not adjust the tension in either brake cable. On test rides everything was fine, and the brakes worked like always. Today, everytime I got out of the saddle the front brake would start to rub. But the weird part, the longer I was out of the saddle the worse it would get, and the only way to get it to stop would be for me to squeeze the brake. One squeeze and it would stop rubbing instantly until I got out of the saddle again. The new route must be putting tension on the cable, but I don’t understand why being in or out of the saddle would make a difference. I opened the brake up to give me more clearance but it still happened.