Old 07-21-23, 02:22 AM
vintagebicycle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
I'm 6ft 3in tall and 375 lbs with size 17 boots, a 32 in inseam, and 44 in waist.
My go to rides are either an old Robin Hood three speed or my 80's Nishiki beach cruiser.
I built new wheels for the Nishiki but its still on its original 33 year old tires. I mostly use that on the boardwalk or at a few game preserves where I fish.
Years ago I had a Worksman Mover trike, we used it in the pits to carry fuel for the race car. I'd put four 6 gallon jugs on the back rack regularly and I had a 454 Chevy block, heads, ad crank on it at a swap meet once. The only problem I ever had on that bike was a pair of bent cranks. Every so often I'd have to pull the cranks and bend them back into shape. I finally got tired of straightening them and sprung for a pair of chromoly BMX cranks for the trike.

I just priced one of those big front baskets and I almost fell over when I saw the price tag. They wanted $110 for a front basket. and more for the rear saddle baskets. Either one is more than the bike is likely worth.
Likes For vintagebicycle: