Old 09-25-04, 12:53 PM
slotibartfast
Duct tape won't fix that

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

I ride a Bianchi Veloce and a Gary Fisher Utopia. I use the Utopia for rides with my wife and in the early spring and late fall when the streets get wet and crappy. I also use the Utopia for my trainer in the winter.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

Pretty much just 2000mgs of Vitamin C and a Multi Vitamin each morning. Reading the responses here have made me think that maybe I need to look at some other supplements.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

I do find myself wanting to take a nap while sitting in front of the TV at night. I'm still full speed at work, but slow down somewhat at home.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

Biked a lot when I was a kid. Just started up again 3 years ago. It's given me a new focus on something healthy and fun to do.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, racing.

Mostly short rec rides. With my work schedule, I don't have a lot of spare time. A normal ride is 20 -30 miles. If I can get away for a while, I go about 45 miles.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

I try to get out 2-3 times a week, but lately it's been about once every 2 weeks . Had company, a death in the family, inventory at work....it never ends. My mileage last year was 975. I wanted to hit 1500 this year, but it looks like I'll come in around 800.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

Lots of lifting and moving stuff around at work. Other than cycling, I'll occasionally take the dog for a walk.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply?

Just turned 52 in July. I'll bike a lot more during my retirement....whenever that will be!