taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 1incpa
While we're talking about gear bags...
What are you using to get your stuff to the infield? Currently I'm using a LL Bean canvas tote bag, but I'm looking for a backpack.
I'd like to fit my shoes, helmet, kit, gear bag and some misc tools and such. Being able to hold water bottles and strap a pump to it would be a plus.
I'm trying to get everything in one trip, and going hands free with this stuff would help a lot!
Thanks,
PI
Milwaukee Jobsite Backpack is what I would recommend. You can fit a helmet in the front pouch/flap (it's adjustable, and expands A LOT), tools in the Middle section, where there are 35 individual pockets, plus some space for a couple of small tool cases, as well as a fully loaded keirin tote. The back section has a padded laptop sleeve, but the overall section is about 4-5 inches deep, so would accommodate a pair of shoes and your riding clothes quite easily. There are also two side pockets that can hold water bottles. The front of the pack also has some MOLLE like loops that you could use to strap a pump to the pack. The backpack also has to zipper compartments, one on the outside, and one on the inside of the middle section. The one in the middle section is water resistant and spans the width of the pack. Good place for keys, wallet, phone, etc. It also has a molded plastic base, so the bag stands up on it's own and can be placed on wet ground without worrying of water soaking/ingessing into the bag.

It's a little pricey at ~$100, but will last forever. I have already been using this bag in a construction/industrial environment for my tools (53lbs when I last weighed it) for the last 5 years, and it barely looks used despite the abuse it's had to deal with. This will be my set-up come summer when I start going back to the track again.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...cks/48-22-8200

Last edited by taras0000; 03-10-19 at 11:28 AM.