View Single Post
Old 05-29-21, 12:16 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by sysrq
Well it's a hit and miss with everything not just things that come out of China so things like bad translation sometimes can be overlooked.
Now when trying out it on a Lepper Concorde instead of Selle Anatomica with carefully adjusted pressure it feels like floating, can't feel any pressure points or poking only gentle pressure fluctuations as you pedal, so the main thing is the right saddle shape and structure (matress spring loaded hammock) + air pressure which is more on the low side. Thin gel cover on top of it also adds some protection and makes it look less conspicuous.
If you cannot take the time to proofread with someone who reads fluent English and you are selling to English speakers that is not good.

Yes a proper saddle shape is important putting covers on it beyond rain isn't as they can and do move around which doesn't help your ischial tuberosity. If you find yourself needing to slap gel and air and other stuff on top that saddle is clearly not the right saddle for you. Also if you are worried about being conspicuous over comfort while riding maybe don't ride? I personally find comfort while riding to be of the utmost importance over brief moments of being conspicuous. I can find ways to secure my saddle and seatpost if I am worried but if I lock up my bike properly I am not so worried about that and then in the end I can just put a rain cover on it when I park.