Old 06-13-21, 06:52 AM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimmo
The higher up on the bike you save weight, the snappier it'll feel when you stand on it. But the main reason for going light there is to soften the ride. So when you're looking at weight and length, also consider how much of that weight is in the clamp - you want a nice light tube.
Sure. Got any recommendations? I actually looked at quite a few carbon posts a couple of years back, but settled on the Thomson Masterpiece instead because:
- At 158g, the 240mm unit is in the same weight class as most carbon posts
- It has a similar head design to the Elite, which I'm familiar with and trust
- It has zero setback, which is closer to what I need/prefer than most setback posts (relatively short legs for my height)

In my experience, a seatpost with a front and back twin-bolt design works better due to the fact that it's infinitely adjustable, and it limits the saddle's ability to rotate around one point. Seatposts with a single vertical bolt going through the cradle (most OEM setback posts) have distinct teeth preventing precise angle adjustment, and seatposts with single horizontal bolts going laterally through the clamp have to rely on the same kind of teeth, or a friction fit to prevent the saddle angle from changing - neither of which I'm a fan of.