View Single Post
Old 06-13-21, 06:41 PM
Jburrow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by aliasfox
You mentioned titanium a few posts up, and in my mind, I don't think anybody does it better than Moots. I visited their Steamboat Springs factory when I was there for a wedding in the summer of 2019, a real nice bunch of guys. I think they still do custom, but they also have a very wide variety of sizes - much more than most manufacturers. They are, however, quite pricey - coming in over $5k for a Routt RSL frameset. But if you're still looking in that direction, I'd take a look.

It's funny, shortly after I got my Lynskey in June 2019, I saw a leftover Moots Vamoots with (I think) Ultegra 6800 at a shop in Palo Alto, going for something like $3,300 - if I hadn't *just* bought and received my Lynskey, I likely would've purchased that Moots on the spot. Sure, previous generation Ultegra and rim brakes only, but it was in my size and it was gorgeous...

Of course, if I had known what was coming the following March, I would've maxed out my credit card on all the leftover bikes in that showroom - ridden each one a few times, and sold them at a profit in the summer of 2020...
oh that would have been a nice find. We were thinking Mosaic or Moots for Ti. But, my wife likes the idea of having a steel bike. As do I! The more I read into Gunnar and Waterford, the more impressed I am with that operation. We are leaning toward that option where I can get a Gunnar to suit (I’m not difficult to fit) and my wife can get a full custom (she is difficult to fit off the shelf).

as someone mentioned above, the Pegoretti would be amazing - truly works of art. However, I would be terrified riding it spiritedly down some gravel routes haha.