Old 06-16-21, 09:12 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked 3,017 Times in 1,866 Posts
Experience with pudendall nerve damage? consequences, results, riding outcome?

(I am looking for information from people who might have been down the road I'm about to describe. I do not want advice from people who have not had this condition/diagnosis about what I should do, whom I should consult, what I should try, not do, etc.- unless of course, you have professional medical expertise that pertains)

I have long-standing pain in the left hip/groin area. It's not arthritis and though there is a labral tear, the hip expert (big shot - operates on professional athletes including at one time, Greg Lemond) is sure it's not my hip.

Finally got a referral to a neurologist who on the basis of an office examination. has given a preliminary diagnosis of pudendal nerve damage. Follow up tests are scheduled.

His advice was, "retire from cycling and find some other way to spend your time."

Negatory. Not going to happen.

Possibly this will lead me to a 'bent, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (I already own a Catrike),

But if there's anybody out there who has had a similar diagnosis:

a) have you continued to ride? Saddlled bike or bent?
b) adaptations (such as different saddle) that have helped? Or failed to help?
c) Did you take medications and did they help? I have a script for one, but the warnings are scary (from drowsiness to suicidal thoughts) and I'm not sure I want to go down that road.
d) Injections? Helpful?
e) surgery?

thanks.